Rust developer (m/f/d)
Are you someone who is passionate about data protection, free and secure communication, and digital sovereignty on the Internet? Then this may be your chance to help us change the Internet for the better and develop a solution that presents an alternative to American providers.
- Develop and progress our projects on the backend side: You will develop functionality for our video conferencing software and the related video, audio, and network dependencies in Rust.
- Produce and maintain high-quality code: You will ensure your code is of high quality through reviews, CI pipelines, and tests.
- Keep an eye on interfaces: You will integrate software code with Kubernetes, Docker, and other system and network interfaces.
- You are an enthusiastic software developer: You have several years of professional experience as a software developer and excellent Rust coding skills.
- You are experienced: You have worked on concurrent and parallel software designs before and have some experience with proprietary network protocols and architectures.
- You are curious: You are familiar with video codecs and how they function and would like to learn more about this area and any related topics.
- You are a team player: You have good communication and teamwork skills, and are reliable, care about others, and able to take the initiative to "get things done".
- You have very good proficiency in written and spoken German, and good English language skills also.
What we offer
Work with purpose
Our DNA and passion: Linux, open source and data protection. Let's work together to make our customers' communication free, more secure and thus digitally sovereign.
You can expect challenging and varied tasks that always bring new insights. Exchange of experience and knowledge transfer across all teams and levels are a matter of course for us.
We promote your professional and personal development in a targeted manner. An open exchange within the team is just as much a fundamental part of this as internal and external training courses, conferences or coaches.
Code life balance
We make it possible for you to reconcile work and family life - e.g. through flexibility and partial remote working. Oh yes: Overtime is not a matter of course and will of course be compensated.
We are a family-run company with over 25 years of history. For our culture, this means trusting cooperation, stability and security.
Coffee, tea and fruit are always on hand. Just like regular joint team events and activities that make (working) life more enjoyable.
Then we look forward to receiving your application! Please let us know your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Susanne Baldin directly: +49 30 405051 79.
Please note our data protection notice for your application.
How we will come together
E-mail us your application and allow a little bit of time for us to read through everything.
Please note our data protection notice concerning job applications.
2. Initial interview
Initially, we will arrange a phone call with you, so that we can get to know each other. This call will normally take about 20 minutes and will also be an opportunity for you to ask us any questions you may have.
3. Job interview
In the next stage, we may have a more in-depth discussion, either online or at our premises in Berlin. This meeting will be attended by two or three members of the team.
We will promptly notify you of our decision and give you feedback.
We will sort out in advance any technical equipment that you require and look forward to welcoming you on your first day at OpenTalk.